Account: means a NetPlusPay, Church by NetPlusPay, Esates by NetPlusPay, Restaurants by NetPlusPay, Business Corner Account
NetPlusDotCom means NetPlusDotCom or affiliates.
Personal Information: Any information that can be used to identify a living person including email address, company name, password, payment card, financial information such as bank account number, etc.), Government-issued Identity card, Bank Verification Number (BVN) and/or taxpayer identification it may also include anonymous information that is linked to you, for example, your internet protocol (IP), log-in information, address, location, device or transaction data.
Sites: means any platform including but not limited to mobile applications, websites and social media platforms.
User: means an individual who uses the Services or accesses the Sites and has agreed to use the end services of NetPlusDotCom.
Special Categories of Personal Information means details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data.
Our Privacy Principles
NetPlusDotCom focuses on the following core principles
- To Empower the individual: NetPlusDotCom wants you to be in charge of your personal information and to make your own voluntary choices about your personal data;
- To keep and secure personal information: NetPlusDotCom and its affiliates (collectively, “NetPlusDotCom") do not take your trusting us with your information for granted. We take responsibility to ensuring that appropriate security measures are put in place and your personal information is protected;
- To be transparent and to educate users: For you to know what personal information is, how we collect personal information, for what purpose and how we secure personal information;
- To collect and store personal information on the “need to collect” basis: NetPlusDotCom collects personal information to perform its services for you. We work to have measures in place to prevent collecting and storing personal data beyond what we need.
Personal Information We May Collect About You
We may collect, use, process, store, or transfer personal information such as:
- Identity Data: Information such as, your full name(s), your government-issued identity number, bank verification number (BVN) and your date of birth. This data is to enable us to verify your identity in order to offer our services to you;
- Contact Data: This is data that is needed to reach out to you, such as your contact address, email address, telephone number, details of the device you use and billing details;
- Identification documents :(such as your passport or any Government-issued identity card), a photograph (if applicable) and any other registration information you may provide to prove you are eligible to use our services;
- Log/Technical information: When you access NetPlusDotCom services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, links you have clicked on, length of visit on certain pages, unique device identifier, log-in information, location and other device details.
- Financial Data: Information, such as personal account number, the merchant\’s name and location, the date and the total amount of transaction, and other information provided by financial institutions or merchants when we act on their behalf;
- Transactional Data: These are information relating to a payment when you as a merchant (using one or more of our payment processing services) or as a customer, are using our products or services;
- Records of your discussions with us, if we contact you and if you contact us.
We may also collect, store, use and transfer non-personal information or anonymized data such as statistical or demographic data.
As a principle, we do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Information. If we do collect Special Categories of Personal Information, we will ensure compliance with applicable law.
How we get your Personal Information and why we have it
The Personal Information we have about you is directly made available to us when you:
- Sign up for a NetPlusDotCom Account;
- Use any of our services;
- Contact our customer support team;
- Fill our online forms;
- Contact us;
The lawful basis we rely on for processing your Personal Information are:
- Your Consent: Where you agree to us collecting your Personal Information by using our Services.
- We have a contractual obligation: Without your Personal Information, we cannot provide our Services to you.
- We have a legal obligation: To ensure we are fully compliant with all applicable Financial legislations such as Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Laws, we must collect and store your Personal Information. We protect against fraud by checking your identity with your Personal Information.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use your Personal Information we collect to:
- Create and manage any accounts you may have with us, verify your identity, provide our services, and respond to your inquiries;
- Process your payment transactions (including authorization, clearing, chargebacks and other related dispute resolution activities);
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities;
- Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, offers, programs and promotions of NetPlusDotCom, financial institutions, merchants and partners;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with NetPlusDotCom;
- Evaluate and improve our business, including developing new products and services;
- To target advertisements, newsletter and service updates;
- As necessary to establish, exercise and defend legal rights;
- As may be required by applicable laws and regulations, including for compliance with Know Your Customers and risk assessment, Anti-Money Laundering, anti-corruption and sanctions screening requirements, or as requested by any judicial process, law enforcement or governmental agency having or claiming jurisdiction over NetPlusDotCom or NetPlusDotCom’s affiliates;
- To use data analytics to improve our website, products or services, and user experiences.
- For other purposes for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
We may process your Personal Information in order to contact you or send you marketing content and communication about our products, services or surveys. You may exercise your right to object to such contact from us or opt out from the marketing content. Please note however that if you opt-out of marketing content, we may still send you messages relating to transactions and our Services related to our ongoing business relationship.
We may ask you for permission to send notifications to you. Our Services will still work if you do not grant us consent to send you notifications.
Your Data Protection Rights and Choices
Based on your location and applicable laws, below are the rights you have as a user in relation to your Personal Information:
- Right to be informed
- Right to request access or copies to your Personal Information by signing into your Account or contacting us
- Right to request that NetPlusDotCom erase your Personal Information. You have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information. Please note that this is a limited right which applies where the data is no longer required, or the processing has no legal justification. The exceptions to this right is where the applicable law requires NetPlusDotCom to retain a historical archive or where we retain a core set of your personal data to ensure we do not inadvertently contact you in future where you object to your data being used for marketing purposes.
- Right to correct or rectify any Personal Information that you provide which may be incorrect, out of date or inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Right to object to the processing of your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You have a right to ask us not to contact you for marketing purposes by adjusting your notification preference on the settings page or by opting out via the unsubscribe link in marketing emails we send you.
- Right to object to processing: You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Information in certain circumstances. Please note that where you object to us processing your Personal Information, we might be unable to provide the services to you.
The basis of we processing your Personal Information is your consent. You also have the choice at any time to withdraw consent which you have provided.
You also have a choice to deactivate your Account at any time. You may contact us should you wish to de-activate your Account at any time via the Contact Us segment.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set above, please contact us using the contact information provided in the Contact Us segment. Where we are unsure of your identity, we might ask you for proof of your identity for security reasons before dealing your request.
Data Security and Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to NetPlusDotCom. We are committed to protecting the information we collect. We maintain administrative, technical and physical controls designed to protect the Personal Information you provide, or we collect against loss or theft, as well as against any unauthorized access, risk of loss, disclosure, copying, misuse or modification.
Other security measures include but not limited to, secure servers, firewall, data encryption and granting access only to employees in order to fulfil their job responsibilities
Where you use a password for any of your Accounts, please ensure you do not share this with anyone, and the password is kept confidential at all times.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of your Personal Information is protected and maintained. Transmitting information online is not entirely secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that all information provided online is secure. We would take all reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is secured and well protected.
We will only retain personal information on our servers for as long as is reasonably necessary as long as we are providing Services to you. Where you close your Account, your information is stored on our servers to the extent necessary to comply with regulatory obligations and for the purpose of fraud monitoring, detection and prevention. Where we retain your Personal Data, we do so in compliance with limitation periods under the applicable law.